There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in the San Antonio area. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are probably at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled. Even Texas can have those chilly nights when you need a furnace!
The team at Vetter Air Conditioning recommends that furnace service and maintenance be done annually to help prevent a breakdown in the peak of the cold season, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather comes, too. Take a look at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace operates at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in peak shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to handle whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at the San Antonio area this season.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to have happen on a cool winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies can be in their busy season. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen, and ensure that when you do need it, your furnace will be ready to go.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to maintain your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if larger problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has plenty of additional perks, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need additional service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Vetter Air can be at their busiest.
If you have any questions about our Annual Service Plans or just a service tune-up, give us a call at (210) 846-3234 or schedule an appointment with Vetter Air Conditioning, servicing the entire San Antonio and New Braunfels areas!